Walking with Michelle Obama
- I danced last night. For hours I shimmied, sashayed and boogied with no rhythm to be spoke of.
- This morning I was a bit stiff and as I drank my coffee I realized a habit was being formed. I didn’t want to dismiss today’s walk in leu of all the calories I burned last night. My previous self would have said, “Last night’s exercise was good enough, just take it easy and relax today”.
- I bundled up in layers, a sock hat and a goal of a 4 mile walk.
- But you know what? That goal kept being stretched, I moved it up to 5 and then to 6 miles. I just kept walking.
- I enjoyed the solitude, the scenery, my thoughts and my podcasts.
- I was proud that not only did I start the walk today, but that I also kept asking myself to go a little farther. Proud when I answered with, “YES! I can and will push myself to go farther.”
- Oprah’s Super Soul Podcast with Michelle Obama is one to not be missed. Two powerful women with one goal- educate and empower people of all ages and backgrounds. Thank you ladies, I am so thankful for women like you.
- I am in charge of my own wellness, wholeness, happiness and wellbeing. It’s funny how walks, podcasts, solitude and goals awake this knowledge within me. It’s something we all know and we all allow ourselves to forget.
- 6.2 miles walked, lots of hills, wind and self love
Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals. – Michelle Obama
Even when it’s not pretty or perfect, your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own. -Michelle Obama
No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are beautiful. – Michelle Obama
Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered. – Michelle Obama