A Second Wind
- Monday took a toll on me today. People at work were scared, paranoid and had a hard time putting out anything but a negative vibe.
- It’s not that I blame them, it’s just that I tend to stay on the glass is half full side of things.
- After work, I inhaled the clean, fresh, warm air and headed to a nearby park for my walk. But I didn’t walk, I sat and watched. I just couldn’t get out of the car.
- At home, on the couch, I napped. A deep, hard, much-needed sleep, I fell right into it.
- And then, the 2nd wind. I cleaned, I baked, I ate dinner and prepared dinner for tomorrow. I walked outside to take a stroll and then I just walked. I walked 1 mile and I was just as proud of it as I was the 7 miles I walked Saturday.
Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.
– William James