Walking Away from Social Anxiety
- My social anxiety controls my every conversation, response and interaction with individuals and groups of people. Okay, ESPECIALLY groups of people.
- It was a bit of a stressful workday and a little more talking to people, which in turn caused me just a little more stress.
- I really don’t know how many people pick up on it. Sure I smile alot, I am kind and friendly, and I hide my discomfort as best as I can.
- A thirty year old woman, an eighty year old man, a group of 5 people? It doesn’t really matter, they all cause me the same stress.
- I can be in the middle of a conversation, laughing and agreeing and then it happens. The panic sets in. My voice trembles a bit, my face turns a bit red, sweat collects on my brow. If I am lucky, I have the opportunity to excuse myself from the conversation, leave on a high note if possible. Others times, I leave with a bright red face, beads of sweat and the discomfort of my peers.
Walk to Ease Social Anxiety Stressors
- Walking helps release some of the anxiety that is trying to explode from me or implode inside of me.
- It’s just me, just as I am, with trees, flowers, birds and clouds. Here I am free.
- While Walking Today, I was able to just be.
Walked 4.5 serene miles.
Quote of the Day
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
– Dr. Seuss