Walking for My Son
- My son had a health scare. He was having heart palpitations, trouble calming his breathing and was quite frankly, scared to death.
- He does not consider himself to be a healthy person, you wouldn’t consider him healthy if you knew him, or even met him for a few minutes.
- My “need to get healthy” talks usually don’t even make it in one ear, morless out the other ear.
- Maybe he felt invincible before, but NOW HE DOES NOT.
- I offered advice, not lectures, a compassionate ear, not “I told you so’s”, and a walking buddy instead of a “do this”.
- We walked together for 3.8 miles.
- Both of our minds were more at ease, we spent quality time talking together and moved toward a healthier life.
- He downloaded a pedometer/walking app as I was leaving for the day.
Quote of the Day
Children make your life important.
– Erma Bombeck
Remember to reach out to someone that may need a walking buddy. And then ask them again.
– While Walking Today