Thank you to Janet from Endless Rivers for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I am humbled by, not only, the nomination but, by the support Janet has given me by following, reading and responding to my blog posts.
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers for the award.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
My Answers to Janet’s Questions
- What is your greatest life lesson so far? Always expect the unexpected. Nothing in my life has ever went “as planned”. Be open to new ideas, new paths and new experiences.
- What’s you favorite car karaoke song to sing? “Blue Bayou” by Linda Ronstadt. Believe me, I belt it and I kill it. Take that expression however you want.
- Name one habit you would like to quit and one you would like to start. I would like to quit dwelling in the past. I linger there too often and for extended periods of time. I would like to start living in the moment. It takes practice, so I suppose I should start practicing.
- What has been your greatest challenge in the past month? Keeping my walking habit going during the rainy, gloomy days and my “want to be a couch potato days”.
- Share one thing you’ve never shared before about yourself. I was married for 24 years before my divorce.
- What are you most afraid of? Making bad life decisions….actually making life decisions based on someone else’s needs INSTEAD of my own.
- Have you ever been mistaken for someone else? Just my sister, well maybe 2 of them. We all looked alike at some point in our lives. It’s not really an issue right now though.
- What’s missing in your life? ADVENTURE!! But, I can still dream about it.
- What is the Number 1 thing on your bucket list? Hiking down in the Grand Canyon. I live in the south-eastern side of the U.S.A. I just want to do some hiking out west.
- Would you rather camp or stay in a 5- star hotel? A tent in the middle of the woods sounds lovely to me. I suppose I could pitch a tent and stay outside tonight, but I feel I have to hike for hours, be in the middle of nowhere and hear nothing but the rustling of the woods in order to enjoy my sleep in a tent. In case you are curious, I will be snuggled up in bed tonight.
- Are you an introvert or extrovert? I am an introvert. I must have alone time everyday or I jump over the edge of crazy.
11 Facts About Myself
- I started my blog, While Walking Today, after I went for a walk down my road to get away from the stress of my day. I started typing when my walk was over, in the middle of my driveway, without any plan other than to vent, walk and breathe.
- I love Quentin Tarantino films, Seinfeld, Shark Tank and Peaky Blinders.
- One of my favorite things to do is sit on my swing with a cup of coffee, stare, space out and daydream….I need a hobby I suppose.
- I would love to be a full-time blogger that actually makes money, BUT, I can’t figure out basic things like menus and footers. SO, I might need to keep my day job.
- I love writing with blue ink. Black ink MAKES ME scribble chicken scratch. Blue ink inspires me to write neatly with beautiful penmanship.
- I would love to travel to New Zealand. I hope I get to. Please send me cash…just kidding.
- If I won the lottery, I would quit my job, buy a Jeep for my daughter and pay off my son’s truck. I would buy myself a helluva RV and hit the road. I would just drive and drive and drive.
- If I could keep any animal as a pet, I would keep an orangutan. They are so magical, beautiful, gentle and loving creatures. I would be the envy of everyone as I drove past them in my decked out RV and my orangutan riding shot gun.
- I have one tattoo and don’t plan on getting anymore…well maybe one more.
- My best vacation was last summer with my 2 adult kids. We went to Colorado Springs, Colorado. We hiked, ate a lot, smoked some pot, ate some more and relaxed. Then we did it all over again.
- I am fairly boring it seems. I will work on that.
Nominate 5-11 Other Bloggers
- Cooking with a Wallflower
- Dr Eric Perry
- Adventure Lifestyle Blog
- Lifestyle of a Foodie
- Tasha’s Lifestyle
My Questions for my 5 Nominees
- If you could travel anywhere right now, where would it be?
- What is your greatest life lesson, so far?
- What is missing in your life?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- Do you collect anything?
- Would you rather camp or stay in a 5 star hotel?
- If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would it be?
- What made your best vacation ever? Was it the destination, the experience or the people you were with?
- Do you prefer writing on paper or typing?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Are you happy?
Thank you Janet for this opportunity. I hope everyone is well: body, mind and spirit. I would like to encourage everyone to get outside and go for a walk today.